Texas Online Driving Safety Course
What's an Online Driving Safety Course?
You can easily remove a ticket from your driving record in the state of Texas when you take a Driving Safety Course through an approved provider. Skills you'll learn in an online driving safety course include:
- - Current Driving Laws
- - Safe Driving Techniques
- - Effects and Risks of Drinking and Driving
- - Driving Emergencies
- - Texas Insurance Laws
Who Can Take an Online Driving Safety Course?
You may be a good candidate for an online Texas driving safety course if you've gotten a ticket within the last 12 months and meet the following requirements:
- - You must enter a "guilty" or "no contest" plea with the court for your traffic violation and pay any necessary court fees
- - You must possess a valid Texas driver's license or driving permit—a Commercial Driver License (CDL) is not accepted
- - You must possess and present proof of valid liability insurance
- - You haven't completed a driver's safety course within 12 months of the date of your citation
- - You must not have been driving 25MPH over the speed limit
- - Upon completion, you must submit the Certificate of Completion and a certified copy of your current driving record (obtainable from the Department of Public Safety [DPS]) by the court deadline.
Why Should I Take a Texas Driver Safety Course?
But even good drivers can benefit from a driver safety course. Whether you're a teen driver looking to increase your knowledge, a foreign or out-of-state driver who needs to learn local laws, or an experienced driver over the age of 50 looking to lower your insurance rates, taking an online driver education course is a good option.
It's easy to see the benefits of taking an online Texas defensive driving course.
- - Get Up to Speed on Current Laws: Traffic laws and driving styles change regularly. A driver safety course is a great way to stay informed, break bad driving habits, or find out what's at risk if you're breaking the law. You'll be come a safer, smarter driver.
- - Lower Insurance Premiums: Insurance companies love it when you take steps to become a safer driver, and in Texas, that could mean a savings of up to 10%! Online driver education courses are especially helpful for drivers over the age of 50 who have a clean driving record but want to save money on their premiums. Insurance discounts can last up to three years!
- - Prevent Loss of License: While a single ticket could put a dark mark on your record and raise your insurance premiums, too many tickets in a short amount of time could result in losing your driver license in the state of Texas. Keep your driving record clean by taking an online driver safety class and dismissing a ticket.
How It Works
You can register for this course from anywhere you like, as long as you have a computer with an Internet connection. The course is approved by courts throughout all counties in the state, so whether you're studying in Austin or Dallas, Denton or Houston, you'll be able to dismiss your ticket with ease. Choose a username and password that will be unique to you and your account – this gives you the option to log in from any computer and access your course from anywhere. So even if you live in El Paso, but work in Harris, and are traveling to Bexar, you can work on your lessons from any computer, wherever you are.Why Choose Online?
Busy lives require a fast, convenient way to take traffic school. Don't waste an entire day in a classroom listening to boring lectures and leafing through out-of-date, black-and-white texts. I Drive Safely's online defensive driving courses use modern technology, making it easy to fulfill your requirements at your own pace.
With unlimited log ins, entertaining and engaging lessons, and 24/7 Customer Support, you'll get through your traffic school in no time. Become a smarter, safer driver even faster when you study, learn and pass your online defensive driving class on your own terms.