Defensive Driving in Fort Worth Texas
A city population of over 1.2 million means that Fort Worth, Texas has a lot of drivers. That's why defensive driving in Fort Worth is crucial. Defensive driving entails being alert and safe when you're out on the road, and with our tips and guidelines, you'll feel prepared to be just that.
Requirements for Defensive Driving in Fort Worth, Texas
The easiest way to dismiss a traffic ticket is to take a defensive driving course online. However, before you start your course, there are some rules that you should be aware of:
- - Your ticket or notice to appear will have a date on it stating when you must show up at court. On or before this date, you will need to request permission from the court to take your course online.
- - You may only take a defensive driving course for a citation once per year (12 months).
- - You will need to have a valid driver's license.
Some of the things that may disqualify you from being able to participate in defensive driving school in Fort Worth are:
- - You're in possession of a commercial license
- - You fled the scene of an accident
- - Your ticket is for exceeding the speed limit by 25 MPH or greater
Benefits of Taking a Fort Worth Defensive Driving Class
There are a lot of advantages to taking a course like this, including the following:
- - You'll learn applicable, real-world knowledge that you can continue to use for the rest of your driving career.
- - You'll feel less stressed if you are aware of all traffic laws and how to obey them.
- - You can dismiss your traffic ticket and points from your driving record.
- - You won't have to appear in court.
What You Will Learn from Your Defensive Driving Course
The great thing about approved defensive driving courses is how informative and comprehensive they are. Below are some of the things you'll take away from your Fort Worth defensive driving course:
- - How to prevent car accidents
- - What the traffic laws are in Texas
- - How to manage mental factors on the road, like road rage and drowsiness
- - Information on impaired driving and how it affects you and others
Specific Safety Measures You'll Be Taught
Some of the safety techniques you will acquire are:
- - The two-second rule: this rule applies to following cars when driving. It states that when you are behind another vehicle, you should pick some point in the distance; once the car ahead of you passes this point, you should be able to count "one one-thousand, two one-thousand" before you pass that same point. If you are not able to say this before your reach it, you are following too closely.
- - The proper use of the right of way: there are different types of right of way, such as the four-way stop right of way and the rules for backing out of a parking space.
- - How to avoid aggressive drivers
Certificate of Completion
Once you have fulfilled all the requirements for your defensive driving school in Fort Worth and passed the final exam, most online schools will deliver your completion certificate to the court automatically. However, other schools will send the certificate directly to you through the mail. Either way, it's important that you are responsible and check with the court to make sure they have received your certificate of completion.